SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for door handle for sliding glass door

A home owner from USA says:
Looking for door handle for sliding glass door. 3 1/2" o.c. mounting holes. 1 1/2" thick door.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I would start by looking at our 82-004 and seeing if this matches your hardware. If not, please take a few pictures of your existing handle and upload them here for me to look at. Thanks!
A home owner from Dayton, Ohio says:
Every product I find indicates for 1" door rails. My sliders are 1 1/2" thick. Does it matter?
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the door thickness is important. However, this lockset is no longer available for other sizes. You can still use it, but you will have to re-use the old metal latch portion in the new handle, assuming it is undamaged.
A home owner from Dayton, Ohio says:
After closer examination of the existing door handle I found the name "DORWAL". Does this help in any way?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, that makes me think you have either the 82-004 or 82-055. However, like Donna said you will likely have to re-use your old inside latch, as these two handle sets are not made for doors as thick as your own.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)