Looking for new balance tube

A quick learner from Loma Linda, California says:
This part is used on aluminum windows that open vertically and they help the window stay open. The tube is 21 inches long and the OD is 3/8 inch. The weight of the window panel they support is 20 lbs. Each window has two, one on each side. We want to replace these on 6 windows. (12 tubes)
Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Looks like you are looking to replace your spiral balance. Before I can suggest anything, though, can you tell me if your window is tilt or non tilt? Could I also see a few pictures of what this balance hooks into?
This window is non-tilt. I have attached some pictures of the frame. I do notice that the plastic insert for the spiral is a red color if that helps.
Thanks
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. It's hard to say. I still can't see how the tip of the spiral attaches to the sash. Is there any way I can see a picture of that? It should be under the sash. The end of the spiral would be attached with a hook or bracket.

In the meantime, you could look at our Series 400 spiral balance and see if this is a possible match. I just don't know what bracket you'd need.
I have included a picture of the plastic insert which attaches the spiral to the window pane. It looks like it normally would "snap" into place, however, this is the only remaining piece left to photograph and it may not be the complete piece.

The 400 series looks identical except for the piece shown in the picture. I also noticed the description stating the spiral is lubricated and ready to be charged. What, and how do we "charge" the spiral?

Thanks, Bob
A customer submitted image of their spiral balance shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. Just what we needed to see! I think this looks a lot like our S300-21 spiral balance. However, you should compare that shoe with the shoe that comes with the S300-21. Look at our 15-011 and see just how closely it matches your hardware.

Also, there should be a clip on the sash itself. Seeing that could help, as well.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.