SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for parts or even possible the lower part of the Patriot 2002 vynyl window 35,5 x 35,5

A quick learner from Alexandria, VA says:
Hello,

I have two windows in the kitchen that would not hold up when opened and as you can see from the picture the locks are broken and possibly the balances? Can those be replaced or do I need to replace the whole bottom part?

There is another identical window upstairs that is missing one glass. Could you please advise me as to which parts are needed, the availability, the pricing, and if I can replace the bottom parts only? of the 2 or all 3 windows?

How many balances do I need? If you have them in stock how much time does it take for the delivery? I need them fixed by the end of October at the latest.

Thank you so much for your help!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. If the windows can't stay up, then it sounds like the balances are the problem. I just can't tell what you have based on these pictures. Based on your other hardware, I suspect you have a spiral balance. Measure the diameter of your existing balance's tube. If it's 3/8", see our Series 900 . If it's 5/8" or 9/16", see our Series 600 instead.

Now, let's look at some of your other pictures. Looking at the one with the damaged frame, the top tilt latch resembles our 26-264 and 26-263. It also seems like you have a welded sash frame, which means you cannot just replace the top damaged rail. You also cannot buy a whole new sash, since Patriot isn't even in business anymore. However, we may have a work around.

Instead of buying a complete new window, remove the sash from the frame, then remove the broken tilt latch and damaged part of the frame. Install the new tilt latch, when you get it, and carefully fill in the gap with insulated spray foam and press the broken piece of frame back in place. Hopefully that will make up for the damage.

You also have a photo of what appears to be a broken part of a pivot shoe. I believe it's either from our 15-046, which is 1/2" thick, or our 15-121, which is 9/16" thick. Compare the dimensions we show to your hardware to ensure a match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)