SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for replacement crank operators and latches

A home owner from California says:

I'm looking for replacement crank operators and latches for a bunch of 1960s metal-frame single-pane windows.
I'm attaching photos showing every measurement I could get my hands on, since I cannot find any brand or identifying information on the parts :) I have tried the "universal replacement" operators available at Home Depot and they work okay, but they are poor quality and seem to strip very quickly, so I'm looking for higher-quality, more durable replacements more in keeping with the original hardware.

For the finish, if that's an option, I'm not interested in matching the existing finish; a dull brass, a dark brown, a dark/oil-rubbed bronze... anything along those lines would work for the current application.

If you need more info, I'm standing by to provide it-- thanks in advance for your help! :)

User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for making this post and sending us your pictures!

Your operator looks similar to the 39-001 Window Crank Operator. The locking handles look like our 38-165 and 38-166 Casement Locking Handles.

Take a look at the hardware and see what you think!
A home owner from California says:
Wow, I think you nailed it! Thank you!!

One last question-- I need to end up with a much darker (aged brass, not silver) finish to match the original installation-- do these parts come in any other finishes, or could I use a metal primer and spray paint to finish them, or... what would you recommend?

Thank you, again!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There are no longer color options for this hardware. What I suggest would be to use a type of primer and match it to the color you want the hardware to be. I would use a Rustoleum or Krylon. Some of the newer spray paints don't even need a primer. Check with your hardware store or home center and ask them what they suggest to use.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)