Looking for replaement balance 28" 27 3 DW CMC 10

A home owner from Sacramento says:
Looking for a replacement for the 28 inch lenght - 1/2 inch width channel balance for non-tilt window

Length:28 inches
Width: 1/2 inch
Markings: 27 4 DW CMC 10.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! Check out our S385-28. Could this be a possible match? Make sure to carefully compare the dimensions between the bottom shoe, 15-004, and your own. Let me know what you think.
S385-28 appears to be the match! Bottom did measure a little more than an inch. Thanks for the help!
Profile picture of Tom
Not a problem! Let me know if you need anything else.
A quick learner from Sacramento says:
Thanks Tom! I weighed and its coming in around 18.5 Pounds. Should I go with 2730 or 2740? I can't make it out from the original stamping. You guys are awesome in providing such a quick response and great guidance for us novices.
Profile picture of Tom
Hey, it's our pleasure. This kind of window repair isn't hard, you just need to know where to start!

It was a good idea to weigh your sash. I agree with you, I think our 2730 might be a better choice. Were your windows harder to operate before with the 2740-equivalent strength?
A quick learner from Sacramento says:
Hi Tom, it felt a little tight for sure. Will order 2730s today. Many thanks.
Got my window balances and installation was a snap. It was a perfect fit! Many thanks for your help and guidance, Tom!
Profile picture of Tom
Great! I'm glad to hear it worked. If you need anything else, let me know!
A home owner from CA says:
Hello Tom,
I have a similar broken balance. 325-28 may be the right fit ( my broken part has 27 4 EU mark) . Does the balance come with the top, and bottom shoe already attached to the balance, or do I need to order them separately and then attempt to rivet it. Not very knowledgeable with rivet process.
thanks
Bob in California
Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Bob. Yes, our balances come fully assembled with the top and bottom fittings and will be ready to install out of the box.

I hope this answers your question but please let me know if you needed anything else.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.