SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for right repair part for slding glass door track

A handy person from Chapel Hill, NC says:
Is the 80-100 the right replacement track, or is there another part I should be purchasing?

The track appear to have a 3/16" bead on its peak, if that helps.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! I think the 80-100 Sliding Door Track Cover looks like a pretty good choice. Just make sure that you have enough clearance under the door.

You may also be interested in our handy tutorial video, where Mike shows the proper way to install this type of hardware.
A handy person says:
What about the 80-103? Given that there is a bead on top of the track, would this work better? How do I decide which one would be preferable? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It really depends on the clearance under the door and the height of the track. If you don't think you have enough room for the 80-100, or if you think it would stick out too far, then the 80-103 might be the better choice. You will have to look at the dimensions of our tracks and compare them to the space you're working with.
A handy person from Chapel Hill says:
The 80-103 looks like it might work, as long as it doesn't make the track too wide for the door's rollers.Is it possible to replace the threshold? (Part no.80-105 looks like the right idea but doesn't match the height of the present track.)
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think the width should be fine. These track covers can work with most patio door rollers.

As for the 80-105, it is currently the only sliding glass door track we have. You you may be able to adjust the rollers to compensate for the difference in height. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)