Looking for the right fasteners.

A home owner from Miami Fla. says:
Good Day,
I am trying to replace some 35 year old Andersen Awning Window Hinges.

Earlier this year, I bought some vent hinges from your company product code 39-539. I have to confess that when I tried to install it, I now realized it wasn't like the original vent hinges I have on my windows. The good part about it though, most of it was what I needed, but it was just too long. So, I tried to modify the new vent hinges to match my old vent hinges. All, I did was drill out one of the rivets and by doing that, I got the length I needed.

My only problem is installing the vent hinge. On my original windows, the vent hinge is attached to the window frame by a bracket. I know I need a rivet or some type of fastener that can go into the hole of the vent arm that has a diameter of 5/16 inches, but then it also must enter the hole in the bracket that is about 3/16 inches in diameter.

Please tell me where I can get the right fastener such as the right rivet or screw to attach the vent arm to the bracket. How would I go about doing that? What tools would I need?

Thanks for your help. Please see the photos of the vent arm, the brackets and the vent hinges to see what I am talking about.
Christianne K
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I wonder if you could use a type of pop rivet to attach the arm bracket. Just be careful not to set the rivet too tight; I believe if you make the rivet too tight that it will impair the operation of the window. Check with a local hardware store in your area and see what they suggest.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.