SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Looking for window hinge, might be Roto

A home owner from Illinois says:
The crank is a Roto-maybe you can see that in the image. This crank isn't broken, but the other window crank is broken-the hinge, i.e., the piece that's underneath, with the black end cap.Do you carry this part? Thanks!
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! We don't carry this exact hinge, but I think you should consider our 36-013-10 as a replacement. This is a very versatile hinge that has been confirmed to work in a wide range of windows. Look it over and tell me what you think!

You also mention the crank operator on your other window is broken. This is an older model that's no longer made, but we have one possible solution. See this old thread, where Dave recommends some modern Roto hardware for a customer with a similar setup to yours.
A home owner from Illinois says:
Thank you for your reply. The window hinge has been fixed without the need for parts. The soldered bolt broke off, i.e., the bolt under the black cap, seen in the initial picture,above. I'm attaching a pic of the broken piece, fyi. My very handy and practical brother-in-law merely removed the black cap, and installed a screw - see the other attached picture. Hope this can help others!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)