Loose crank handle

A home owner from 10709 says:
Some crank handles in our casement windows don't hold in place. After opening or closing a window they literaly remain in your hand. Those handles are not typical - they have a metal post which operates the mechanism. Apparently that post is made of a very soft metal and it quickly wore off.
Please help us find the handles of this configuration. Similar request has been sent to your email.
Thanks,
Olga
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! This is an older type of operator, but we should still be able to help. The issue could be either the handle stem being worn down or the collar in the operator hole being stripped out. If you're in a pinch, you could use tape on the handle stem to build it out. That should give the operator a little more life before you need to replace it.

If you just want to replace the whole operator anyway, we will need to see a picture of the entire mechanism, including the arm that opens the window. Once we see that I'm confident we can get you a modern replacement.
A home owner from 10709 says:
Thank you for your reply!
I was trying to avoid changing the whole mechanism as there are a few windows with the same problem in the house. I was wondering whether it is still possible to find this type of handle anywhere. I would try this simple replacement first.
Thanks again!
O
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our 39-226 is a similar match, but it would only replace what you have if the handle is the problem. If your operator is stripped out like I mentioned before, a new handle won't work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.