Lost locking mechanism

A home owner from Santa Rosa, CA 95404 says:
The latch on the slider wouldn't stay locked so tried to remove but it fell to the inside bottom of the frame. I need a replacement w/ instillation instruction. The slot for the lock is 3 inches w/ the screw holes 3.5 inches apart. Images attached should help identify what replacement part.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 82-218, this looks like it may fit. Also be sure to watch the video below.
A home owner from Santa Rosa, CA 95404 says:
Greetings-

I just received the replacement lock mechanism but it is slightly too long. Width & hole pattern look right. Because the orifice is an oval, that might be the problem. Seems off only about 1/8th inch. Do you have a replacement that would fit?

Thank you,
Frederick
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The hole should be a little tight so that the mortise lock firmly installs. I'm afraid they do not make a version of the 82-218 with only that slight difference. I'm almost certain this is the correct lock. Watch the video above to see how we install it. It's a little tight there, too, but we are able to pop it in regardless.
A quick learner says:
It worked. Thank you!
-Frederick
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.