SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Lost locking mechanism

A home owner from Santa Rosa, CA 95404 says:
The latch on the slider wouldn't stay locked so tried to remove but it fell to the inside bottom of the frame. I need a replacement w/ instillation instruction. The slot for the lock is 3 inches w/ the screw holes 3.5 inches apart. Images attached should help identify what replacement part.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 82-218, this looks like it may fit. Also be sure to watch the video below.
A home owner from Santa Rosa, CA 95404 says:
Greetings-

I just received the replacement lock mechanism but it is slightly too long. Width & hole pattern look right. Because the orifice is an oval, that might be the problem. Seems off only about 1/8th inch. Do you have a replacement that would fit?

Thank you,
Frederick
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The hole should be a little tight so that the mortise lock firmly installs. I'm afraid they do not make a version of the 82-218 with only that slight difference. I'm almost certain this is the correct lock. Watch the video above to see how we install it. It's a little tight there, too, but we are able to pop it in regardless.
A quick learner says:
It worked. Thank you!
-Frederick
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)