Lots of broken left and right side latches on combination windows.

A quick learner from Stratham, NH says:
I sure could use some help in identifying the correct latches for the storm windows that are installed in this New England home that I purchased just over a year ago. I confess I actually managed to break two of them myself! There is no name/number anywhere that I can locate. They appear to be 2 5/8 inches long without the tab, 1/2 inch wide and 1/4 thick.

Thanks, Steve
User submitted photos of a screen latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your storm sash looks like the type that big box stores sell. When we were repairing them, we used our die cast 91-010 and 91-011 latches. They meet your dimensions, when not counting the tip. If you want me to confirm, send a photo of an undamaged latch. Otherwise, could these two work for you?
A quick learner from Stratham, NH says:
How do I get the old broken plastic latch out. Do I have to completely take the window apart? If so what are the part numbers for the corner connectors?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you will need to take the bottom rail off the sash to remove the latch. We actually have a video that may help. Check it out below.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
How to replace stamped window corner keys.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.