SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Louisiana Pacific Window Balance Parts

A handy person from Greater Cleveland, Ohio says:
I have a home built in 1988 with what I think are Louisiana Pacific double hung windows. Several of what I will call pivot shoes and hinges are deteriorating or broken. Do you have replacement parts that will work for me?

The balance spring housing is marked 24HD B or 36HD B depending on the window size. Some also are marked B.S.I. The Pivot Shoes are black plastic parts connected to the balance cord and a metal clip that anchors the shoe to the jamb track when the window is removed. "Broken Pivot Shoe1" is a picture of the metal clip.

The hinges are nylon and affixed with what looks like a finishing nail and a small Philips head screw.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, thanks for posting. The white nylon cam pivot closely resembles our 26-151 (right) and 26-152 (left). Check them out and see if you agree. As for the pivot shoe, it appears to be our 15-014 in black. They come assembled with our Series 751 channel balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)