MI Windows & Doors series 650 counterbalance-tilt in window

A home owner from South Carolina says:
This is from an MI Windows & doors series 650 single hung, tilt in window. This is installed in a home that was built 8 years ago. MI no longer has any parts for this window. The length is 34" and is a 1/2" square block and tackle counterbalance. The frame is stamped with a 34C and also appears to have BSI stamped on the frame as well.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks like our S770-34 channel balance. Check it out and compare it to your hardware to be sure. I also recommend the 34C option.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me. The channel balance I have now has the string with a clip attached to it that fastens to the window channel at the top. The clip screws into the frame. The 770 appears to be just the opposite with the string and clip at the bottom of the counterbalance. I suppose I can turn the new channel balance around and would have to get the new cam lock inserts. What are your thoughts about that idea?
Profile picture of Paul
Oh, I see. Before you do anything, then, can you show me a picture of that clip at the top, the clip at the end of the string, and the pivot shoe?
Hello Paul,
Attached are the pictures you asked for. Let me know if you need anything else from me. If necessary, I think I can replace the cam shoe without too much of a problem. There is an opening in the channel on each side where I should be able to remove the old shoe and put in a new one. I would replace the counterbalances on both sides even though only one is not working at all.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. That shoe is a big help! You have a certain version of our Series 795 that is no longer made. Fortunately, the Series 795 can replace it. The only difference is that your balance has an indentation along the bottom of the channel, which has since been determined an unnecessary feature.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.