SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

MW 800 Series old style casement

A home owner from Michigan 48045 says:
Wondering if you could help me, my latch broke on my current window and I'm looking for a new one? Appears to be the color of Sandstone or Tan. MW 800 Series old style casement windows. Is 39-510 the correct replacement part for it? Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 39-510 could be a match, but I don't know what you have, exactly. If you were to take a few pictures of the part in question and tell me a few key dimensions (you can reference our 39-510 to see what dimensions we need, exactly), I will have a better idea of what can work as a replacement.
A home owner from Michigan 48045 says:
trying to resend another picture of the latch. Not sure why you didn't receive the first one. Again trying to find a match for this latch. Thanks
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see. You're looking for a casement window lock. The 39-510 is just a bracket that clips to the end of the operator arm.

See our 38-097 and 38-098 for two possible replacements. You may also need a new keeper, so see our 38-079.
A home owner from Bloomfield Hills, MI says:
The 38-079 keeper might work for me, but the illustration does not give the critical dimension: how far does the hook extend above the surface it attaches to? The keeper I need to replace reaches 9/16-inch, and it looks like the 38-079 might reach somewhat more than that -- i.e., deeper into the latch than I can use.
Profile picture of Tom
The 38-079 keeper is specifically meant to be used with the 38-097 and 38-098 locks. If you have a different lock, I wouldn't advise using this keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)