SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

MW Casement Window, Mechanism-open close window

A home owner from South Carolina says:
Black hinge piece that hooks under the SS piece that is screwed in to sill, is broken off from end corner of window sash. Stamped into the crank out arm on the OE mechanism is "TRUTH", Could that be the brand name? What I have does not match up exactly with your part #36-013-10. The lenght of the crank-out piece shown on the picture is just 7", so I don't feel comfortable ordering that part#. Hope this enough to work from to identify what's needed to repair. LeRoy
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The closest match we have is the 36-013-10. I have used this myself to replace Truth hinges. It is also made of stainless steel and so holds up better than the Truth hinge, which is just coated. Can you be more specific as to why the 36-013-10 won't work? I'm not sure what you mean when you say "crank out piece." Also be sure to watch the video below for some helpful advice.
Good to know that we have identified the brand,issue is the length of the OE arm, shown on photo as rusted piece at a 45 degree angle from SS sill plate(?)attached to underside of window. That OE arm measures to 7" in length. If the length of 36- 013-10 is 7", then we have a match and I would be happy to purchase 1 or a set. If it's length is longer, like (from its website picture) 12+ inches overall, I can't see that it could replace the OE. Please advise, window can't close tight and it's getting colder out.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There is no piece on the 36-013-10 that is 12". The longest piece is the base, which is 10" and does not appear to be the part you're talking about. The corresponding arm for our 36-013-10 is a little over 7-13/16" long. Could you get that to work?
The part I need is 36-013-10. Measuring error, on my part , of the OE arm was the problem. Part was ordered on line this AM. If I can do the R&R, window will be repaired. Thanks to Swisco, for the help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)