SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

MW Window - Broken Balance

A home owner from USA says:
We have our home for sale, and have some broken MW Window Balances. These are single hung windows. Attached are the parts that are broken, or at least what I could get out of the window jamb liner.

I have 4 windows with broken balances. Could you help me? I hope you have parts for me
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help, but there are some details missing that we need to see. First, do you have an undamaged balance we could look at? Specifically, we need to see the shoe that goes on the bottom. Using an undamaged balance you can also determine the length, which is much harder to get from one that has broken in the same way yours has.
A home owner from USA says:
Tom, did you get the additional pics I sent?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid not. Please upload your pictures directly to this thread, like you did before. That will ensure that we see them.
A home owner from Florence SC says:
This apprears to be the part that breaks
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional pictures. It's hard to read the length of the balance from your photo, but it looks like our Series 850 might be a match. The manufacturer no longer attaches the top hook to these balances; they prefer you screw the top of the balance to the window frame. They suggest our 26-200 screw plug, which should fit in the top hole, and a 33-016 screw. Would this work for you?
A home owner from florence says:
can you send me price information on the parts? Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
All pricing can be found on each part's respective store page. You can click on the links Paul gave you for each part number to visit the pages in question.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)