MW Windows Spiral Replacement Parts

A quick learner from Virginia says:

I live in a 1998 built house in Virginia with MW Vinyl windows.

Can you help with the following parts

2 aluminum connectors that attach into the connectors in the window frame. The lugs that go into the locators are broken on both sides.

1 holding mechanism

2 the other part I need is a spiral balance which has a 29" outer casing so I need to measure the diameter as well. It does not have a color tip so will that matter greatly? Hopefully the pictures will compensate for my lack of correct terminology Thanks

User submitted photos of window hardware.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for posting! The aluminum part appears to be a pivot bar, possibly our 26-366. Please compare. It sounds like also you need the pivot shoe that the spiral balance attaches to; to know which you may need, please remove it from the window and give us the width and thickness of the shoe. Those are crucial measurements. 

Finally, it sounds like you also need a new spiral balance. Since this is a tilt window, you're either going to need the 5/8" diameter Series 600 or the 3/8" diameter Series 900. The video below explains how to identify these balances. If the original tip color is missing, please give me the exact weight of the window sash. We can use that exact weight to identify the color your new spiral balances will need. 

I would also add that if one of the two spiral balances in a window is broken, you're better off replacing both of them now. When one balance fails, the other often is not far behind; plus, using an old balance with a new one can cause the newer balance to fail more quickly. 

A home owner from virginia says:
Hello,

Do you offer sash replacement kits for MW double hung windows? Please let us know. Robert
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not sell replacement sashes of any kind. My recommendation is to contact the original manufacturer of the window for assistance.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.