SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

MW Windows replacement parts

A quick learner from Virginia says:
I live in a 1998 built house in Virginia with MW Vinyl windows.

Can you help with the following parts

2 aluminum connectors that attach into the connectors in the window frame. The lugs that go into the locators are broken on both sides.
1 Spiral slide/holding mechanism

Hopefully the pictures will compensate for my lack of correct terminology

Thanks
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! For the aluminum part, how about our 26-366? Is that a good match? This is what is known as a pivot bar. As for the spiral slide, I think you mean pivot shoe. I'm not really sure exactly what you have. Can you give me its thickness and width? In the meantime, browse through that section and see if you can find a match.
A quick learner from Virginia says:
Great, I will order these and the other part I need is a spiral balance which has a 29" outer casing so I need to measure the diameter as well. It does not have a color tip so will that matter greatly?
Thanks for the help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the tip color will be important. Here's what we can do about that.

First, check out our Spiral Balance Home Page and follow the steps shown to determine what Series balance you have. Knowing the diameter will be necessary.

Then, let me know what the weight of your sash is. With that and the balance Series in mind I will be able to identify what tip color would be best for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)