MW window

A home owner from Virginia says:
I need to replace the block and tackle balance on my MW single hung, tilt vinyl windows. I have attached pictures of the existing balance. The black block on the bottom of the balance is 1 1/4W x 1 1/2H The assemble length is 34 1/2 in. The only difference I really see is the way the sting fastens to the top of the window jam. My window has a clip that slides into the jamb and the picture of the 850 balance has a screw. If you could, please verify I am looking at the correct part before I place my order. I will be replacing these on 7 windows so I will need 14 balances. Thank you in advance. Henry
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we can definitely help. This old nylon piece is a hook that goes into a hole at the top. I'm afraid they're no longer made, and the balances you have are designed with metal screw tabs. We actually sell a screw plug, our 26-200, which fits into the same hole where the old nylon hook went. If you pop the 26-200 in that hole, you can install the modern style balances with the metal screw tabs.
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.