MW window sash balance

A professional from Charleston, SC says:
This balance has broken in several places and needs to be completely replaced. The track is 36 inches long x 1/2 inch square. The spring is 20 inches long. As you can see from the photos the clutch and the piece at the base of the string are also broken. I am trusting that you can identify this balance and suggest a replacement. I can find no manufacture ID on the window, glass or hardware. The homeowner believes it is MW.
With thanks,
Robb
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello again, Robb. We should be able to help, yes, though this balance will have to be custom made. I'm thinking our Series 795 with a 15-194 shoe and 15-198 hook specially attached. Does that look good to you?

If so, I will need you to confirm a few details before we continue.

First, what is the length of the metal channel by itself? Can you also tell me what number is printed on it? Finally, how many altogether will you need?
A professional from Charleston, SC says:
Thank you Paul. I did send a new post, subsequent to the original but cannot find it on your website. However, to answer your query.... The channel is 36 inches long - stamped on it is... 36D BSI RM. The width of the shoe (clutch) is 15/16".
So I believe your S795-36 with a 15-194 shoe and a15-198 hook will be exactly right.
To even the load on this sash, I would require two complete new balances with these specs.
If this is all the info you need please let me know ASAP and I will place the order accordingly.
Thank you for your help and expertise.
Robb
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, that's everything we need. I'll email you an order link which you can use to add this special balance to your cart, allowing you to continue shopping as if it were any other product. It will also include a price quote, of course.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.