SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

MW windows replacement balances

A quick learner from Mt. Pleasant SC says:
I have MW windows with spring and cord balances. Need 2 different lengths: 28 1/2 in and 32 1/2 in from bottom of shoe to just below the attachment tip. Advised they were purchased from SWISCO. Only number is patent # 5737877. Shoe is 1 1/4 in at base. 3 photo: overall, tip and shoe
These MW windows installed in 2000, vinyl, single hung,tilt

Please advise of price and availabilty
Thank you
John
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, John, thanks for getting in touch with us. This balance looks pretty close to our Series 850 crossbow balance. Do you agree? Carefully compare it to your hardware and let me know what you think.
A quick learner from Mt. Pleasant SC says:
Tom
I do agree--the 850 Crossbow Balance works for me on my MW windows. Using a 1" screw at tip into the vinyl frame. Seems to be working well. Any thoughts or suggested alternatives on this?
Thank you for your help. Ordered 12 units today.
John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I'm glad they match up. I'm not sure what you're looking for alternatives for, though. Could you specify?
A home owner from Virginia says:
Just want to say thanks for posting this information. I had the same problem with finding MW replacement balances. Just fixed two windows and have now ordered 6 more balances to fix several other windows in the house.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)