Magnetic weatherstripping for Stanley Door

A home owner from Pottstown, PA says:
I have a 1986 36" Stanley steel entry door. The cat clawed up the lockside weatherstripping. Bad kitty. Is the 58-008 seal kit the correct replacement weatherstripping for this old of Stanley door?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, Stanley did use it at one time, but please be sure to compare the dimensions of your original to that of the 58-008 Prime Door Seal Set before considering it as a replacement. The 58-008 has a compression strip on the hinge side and magnetic strip on the top and lock side.
I have magnets on the lock side and header. The hinge side is a compression seal. The attachment insert that goes in the door jam looks the same. I took two pictures. I hope they show enough detail.
User submitted photo of entry door frame.
Profile picture of Dave
Can you submit photos of the seal removed from the frame? I cannot quite make out what's in the photo.
I'm sorry the last pictures didn't come through well. Here is another one.
User submitted photo of door seal.
Profile picture of Dave
The leg of the seal looks a bit different, but the 58-008 should work as a replacement. You won't see the leg after it is installed because that's what goes into the groove on the door stop to hold it in.
A home owner from Pottstown,PA says:
Thanks!
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
58-008 : Prime Door Seal Set
58-008
Price: $24.98
Prime Door Seal Set
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
Video
How to identify replacement weatherstrip...