Making a cut out for 26-122

A home owner from Foxboro, MA says:
Can these be put into a double hung Anderson window that did not come with them, i.e. no cut-out for them? Is it easy to do? And are they easy to install once cut out made?
Phoebe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't think so. I wouldn't try it, at least. The window manufacturer has a special punch that makes a hole for it. Instead, you should consider our 26-387 surface mount vent lock. See the video below to see how it installs.
A home owner from Foxboro MA says:
There is no flat surface to mount the 26-387. 2 images attached.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Phoebe
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Funny you should bring this up, I actually just installed the 26-387 a few months ago on an Andersen window I have at home. What I did was utilize the screw posts that come in the kit. I have the Andersen Primed Narroline series window from 1985 and I installed the 26-387 into the vinyl track following the directions given. I drilled two holes into the small, kind-of-flat part of the track that runs up the side of the window sash. It was large enough so that I could install the screw post plate behind the track to to accept the screws. I was skeptical at first thinking that it would impair the operation of the window, but my window opened and closed with out any problem.
A quick learner from Fixboro,MA says:
I don't think that would work - no wide enough. I can't bekieve Anderson windiws don't come with built in vent locks. Can you please send me a photo of what you did? I just can't picture it. Phoebe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, I just wanted to shoot you an update. We are bringing in a vent lock that we believe will work better for your window, hopefully without any serious retrofitting. I will let you know as soon as this hardware is available!
A home owner from foxboro, MA says:
Thanks for the message about the new vent lock in the works. Please do get back to me when available.
Phoebe
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Please see our new 26-434 and let me know if this can work for you! Please note that it attaches tot he upper sash.
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.