SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Malta Casement Window Weatherstripping

A handy person from frederick Maryland says:
I have Malta vinyl casement windows. I believe they were manufactured in 1997. I am looking for weatherstripping. I don't see what I'm looking at on your website. Any other suggestions? I could take a picture of what I have; perhaps you could recommend a direct replacment that way?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes a picture would help. Reply to this discussion with a picture, please include in your post the width of the base of the weatherstripping.
A handy person from Frederick, Maryland says:
Attached are pictures which I hope help you help me find the direct replacement or an equivalent weatherstripping for these windows!
Customer photo of their weatherstripping for their Malta vinyl caseement window.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
A quick learner says:
Thank you for your suggestion; however, the part that slides into the window is to small. It is half the size it needs to be. If you look at 3rd picture, from top left as one, top right two, bottom left is 3, (I am seeing the pictures above as a cube) you can see that I need 1/4 inch to fit into the channel. Do you have any other suggestions? In weatherstripping terms what is this piece called so that I can reference it correctly. . . .
Profile picture of Mike
Unfortunately it seems the 58-053 would be the closest match. That specific part of the weatherstripping is most commonly referred to as the "push in base."
A quick learner says:
It seems that Product Code: 58-131 might work. thoughts? do you send samples - or what is the smallest qty I could purchase?
Profile picture of Mike
It appears the push in base is similar to your existing seal, but I cannot guarantee it will work as an exact replacement. We do not send samples at this time. The minimum order on this weatherstripping is 25 feet.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)