SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Malta Window (5A5) Weatherstripping Replacement

A professional from Millis, MA 02054 says:
Folks, I need help identifying suitable replacements for circa 1986 Malta wood double hung window weatherstripping.

One of the attached photos shows kerfed weatherstripping installed in horizontal millwork at the top of the window frame and it seals the top front face of the upper sash against the millwork.

The other photo shows kerfed weatherstripping installed in the underside of the bottom sash and it seals the bottom sash against the sill.

I have identified a third seal (no photo attached) as your product code 55-106 that inserts into the lower front face of the upper sash and seals the meeting rail where the top and bottom sashes meet.

Thanks for your help,
Jeffrey G
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jeffrey. I'm not sure if you will be able to locate the same exact weatherstripping for your Malta windows, seeing that Malta is no longer in business. We do have a few suggestions that might work on your sash. Take a look at our 55-106, 55-170, 58-055 and 58-170.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)