Malta screen clip

A quick learner from USA says:
I recently ordered what I thought was the correct Malta window screen clip, 70-048. upon arrival, they were not what I needed, so, I returned them, I was told to send a picture of what I needed, so, attached is a picture of the Malta window screen clip that I need. I was inquiring to see if you carry this hardware on your website and if not are there any other suggestions on where I may be able to retrieve this part I am in need of?
Thank you
John
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello, John! I'm afraid we did not receive your pictures. Could you try again?

That said, the 70-048 is actually the only Malta screen clip we carry. The older type was discontinued entirely and this is the replacement they made, assuming you have the older style. Can you go into more detail on why the 70-048 didn't work?
A home owner says:
the picture of the Malta screen clip that I need is attached, did you get it this time ?
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Malta has been out of business for some time and replacement parts for their brand are becoming harder and harder to come by. You exact screen clip is actually not made anymore; Malta made some changes to how their window and screen clips functioned before they went out of business. The closest match we have is our 70-048, but as you've already learned it is not quite the same. However, I have an idea.

I suggest considering substituting this old Malta clip with a type of pull ring with sill nail clip. Look at our 70-004 and 70-013 to start out; this type of pull ring is "screened" into the frame. Also take a look at our 70-204 pull ring which clips onto the bottom of the screen frame. The nails are mounted into the window sill for the pull rings to clip onto. What are your thoughts?
A handy person from Sutton, MA says:
Hello All - I have the same old Malta clip - can I ask why the newer version it didn't work? Was the clip too short or too long? I have 24 windows that need updating and would prefer not to nail the sill. I am pretty handy - just want to know what I am up against before I order.

Thanks!
Brendan
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we never were quite sure why Malta made two different clips, then went out of business. It's still a mystery. The customer who posted here originally also never said why the other one didn't work. Your best bet is to carefully go over the dimensions we show for the 70-048 to see if it's the same. If not, let us know and we can see what we can do!
How to install a Malta screen frame latch
How to install a Malta screen frame latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
How to install the Swisco 70-004 pull ring
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.