SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Malta window sash seal

A quick learner from Parkersburg, WV says:
Need help identifying the insulating seal that is located where the window sashes meet. Any installation tips are also appreciated.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
re: previous post about Malta 1994 window sash seal.

The item is 30-1/2" long.

I would like to know where on your website I can find this item.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I would start with our Weatherstripping Section. I cannot identify what you have based on this image, though. Watch the video below to see what kind of information we need in order to find the best match.
This is a follow-up to my previous post about Malta 1994 window bubble seal. We have been unable to locate the part, nor find anyone who knows anything about how to install this part.

The item is 30-1/2" long, and is 1/4" in diameter. See attached images.

We would like to know where on your website (or elsewhere) we can find this item, and where we can find out how to install this item.
User submitted photos of weather seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to tell based on this picture, as this sample does not show how it inserts in the window. That said, see either our 58-053 or 58-055 and let me know if one of those could work on your window.
The reason the picture I submitted doesn't show how it inserts into the window is because it is perfectly round. There is no strip on my bubble seal strip as is the case with 58-053 and 58-055. I took another measurement of the diameter of my bubble seal and it is actually 5/16 diameter. Also, there is no groove of any kind in the window sash. There is a slightly protruding aluminum piece that runs the length of the window, but absolutely NO groove.

We are not sure if the 58-053 1/4" base height will fit our window since there is no groove. I am attaching better pictures of the groove in our window. Your recommendation is appreciated.
User submitted photos of bubble seal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If there is no groove in the window, how else would the bubble seal install? It's possible that there is one, and that the aluminum piece is what's occupying it. I imagine that it was attached to the bubble somehow.

See if there is a way to remove the aluminum piece. I'm going to guess and say that you can remove the sash and slide it out, but if that's not the case then the most prominent possibility is that this bubble seal was never meant to be repaired in the first place. You could consider an adhesive weatherstripping, like our 58-026.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)