Malta windows broke

A quick learner from hackettstown nj says:
I have the same malta windows in my house as I post D51793 that need to be fixed.I have a couple of questions. I have half of the windows that have the glass dimension of 31" wide and 23 1/2" high and half 31" wide by 36 " high. Which balance would I use for the larger windows. Also I dont want to use the plastic pivots 15-159. these pivots break too easily. Is there another pivot I could use? Where would I attach the new pivot to the window for the new balances. The originals were attach in the middle
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. To convert your balances to the same typed that the customer from D51793 used, you will need a S750-24 channel balance with a 23HD stamp for the 32" x 23.5" window. For the 32" x 36" window, you will need a 36" version of this balance which will have to be custom made. I would be happy to do this for you, but I would need to know how many you need.

You can re-use your old "S" clips, or you can consider our 19-029 or 19-030. As for the tilt pin, see our 20-016.

A quick learner from hackettstown NJ says:

I want to order one set for the 31" wide and 23 1/2" high to see how they work with my windows before I order for all the windows. The S750-24 channel balance with a 23HD stamp show online as out of stock. When do you expect to have these in stock

thanks for your help.

Profile picture of Paul
Great! We actually just got these in stock. You should be able to get these now any time you wish. Thank you for ordering with us, and please let me know how they work out.
I received the balances and pivots but do not understand how the pivots connect to the balance the shoe at the bottom of the balance looks different from the picture on the site. I attached pictures can you clarify if these are correct
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Yep, these parts look right. The 20-016 pin will press down on the metal fork of the 15-014 shoe and release it to slide up and down. Look at our video to get an idea of what I'm talking about.
Should the pivot pin be attached at the bottom of window?
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, the pivot pin installs at the bottom of the sash where your old one was.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.