Marked "Alenco Bryan Texas"

A home owner from Van Nuys, CA says:
I need to find the entire (interior AND exterior plate) handle set of this or a suitable replacement. This one is intact, but the sliding door on my living room is missing the set completely. I found an interior handle at Home Depot that fit, but it did not include the exterior plate (!). Why Home Depot thinks this is normal is beyond me. Anyway, any assistance is deeply appreciated, this place was built in 1982 and my contractor wants me to spend thousands of dollars to replace the entire sliding door even though there is nothing wrong with it other than a missing handle! The holes on the exterior plate are 5" apart and the handle itself is about 7.25" in height.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your post. You may want to start by taking a look at our 82-005 sliding door handle assembly. Make sure you compare your measurements to ours. Get back to us with your thoughts.
A quick learner from Van Nuys, CA says:
Thank you. But this does not seem to include the exterior plate handle. I need both parts.
Profile picture of Tom
The 82-005 does come with the exterior plate handle shown in our pictures. Were you specifically looking for a different kind of exterior handle?
Thank you - I did not see that when I first looked at it. And no, I don't care what it is as long as it fits! I will take a closer look at the measurements and let you know.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, let me know if you have any other questions!
It's hard to tell, but I went ahead and ordered it anyway and I will let you know if it works. Thanks!
This appears to fit - but it is backwards from what I need. I didn't see a "left" or "right" option when I ordered it. Is it only available in one direction?
Profile picture of Tom
Don't worry, it can still work. You just have to flip over the lock. See the video below.
Yes! It's not a perfect fit but it's good enough and we were able to make it work. THANK YOU so much!
Profile picture of Tom
Glad to hear it! If you ever need anything else, you know where to find me.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.