SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Plastic spacer for Marshall windows

A home owner from USA says:
I am trying to source replacement parts for my Marshall windows as follows:

1- they have sweep locks and they seem to be fine, but there is a plastic spacer underneath the lock that is falling apart due to sun and heat exposure. Do the locks on your site - #90-005 would be the one I think - have this plastic spacer underneath or is that a separate part?
2 - we have a plastic spacer on one side of the window - these are cracked and broken wich keeps us from opening and closing the window properly. Is it possible to replace these? The windows do not tilt and are perfectly fine in other ways.

Thanks so much in advance for your assistance!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure I know what kind of part you need. Could I see a few pictures of the plastic spacer, along with dimensions? This will help us come up with a good replacement.
A quick learner from California says:
Hi Dave,
It seems to be plastic that inserts into the top of the window frame and serves to be a place for the screws to tighten into. They sit inside the metal lock mechanism and are about 2 3/4" x 1/2" (Pics attached)

I have also included pictures of the side spacer that is also broken. They are black plastic and have cracked and split - hopefully the pictures can show them clearly...

Thanks for your help!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thank you, these pictures explain a lot. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to help. These are aluminum widows with a plastic thermal break. The manufacturer should have known that you're not supposed to screw a lock or any device into that thermal break. If the company is still in business in your area, I would go back to them for new sash replacements at no charge. If not, you can try plastic wall anchors. I think the side spacer you are talking about is the insulated glass sealant. If so, you will need to replace the insulated glass with a new glass unit.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)