SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Marvin Bay Window Unit wood 1986-2 weather strip bottom of sill

A home owner from remer mn says:
Window part number IGCC-303-CBA-Marvin

A Marvin dealer gave wrong weather strip. I can not find any further information re replacement part.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure exactly what weatherstripping type you have. Could I see a few pictures of your original weatherstripping? I will need to see a small sample removed from the section. I also have to see its shape, so a picture of its cross-section is essential. Thanks!
A home owner from remer says:
The prior seal is gone. Unknown what the original looked like. It appears to be a stick-on type seal l/4 inch wide. I thought Marvin Window Company could identify the seal type based on the information found strip between the double glass. Odd that Marvin has no information re parts for their windows. Thanks for the reply anyway.
Profile picture of Tom
Well, we do have the 58-026. This is a 1/4" x 1/4" wool pile with an adhesive backing. Could this work for you?
A home owner from remer says:
This may work. Can I view this weather strip on line? Is 58-026 the part number I would use when ordering from a Marvin Window dealer?
Profile picture of Tom
You can see the 58-026 online by either clicking on that link or by clicking on the link on the right side of the page. I do not think this is the number Marvin would use. I do not know what their number would be, unfortunately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)