SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Marvin Bay Window seal

A home owner from remer mn says:
The home was built in 1989. I have a Marvin Bay Window and several other casement windows. All the seals at the bottom of the wood frame windows have deteriorated. So far I have not been able to locate original seals. Have tried other window seal products with out any success. Can you help?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing a clear and undamaged sample of your existing weatherseal, I cannot say for sure what you have. You could possibly consider our 55-106-6 or 55-183, though. Could these work for you?
A home owner from remer mn says:
Dave

I will not arrive in Remer until May. I'm currently in Arizona. The seals I'm referring to are located at the bottom section of the double hung wood frame windows. The weather strip is about 1/4 inch wide and fits the width of the bottom of the window pressing against wood frame. It appears the strip sticks to the wood with a glue substance. The windows are 1989 version. All of the seals have come loose and deteriorated.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Those are the best guesses I have, then. It's very difficult to find the right weatherstripping if you don't have a decent sample on-hand. There are many different kinds that all look very similar, but with slightly varying dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)