Marvin casement weatherstripping

A home owner from Lexington, MA says:
I have about 35 wooden Marvin casement windows that need replacement weatherstripping. I have some old replacement parts labeled V673 but they are too brittle to use. The sash dimensions are 45" x 18". I'd like white weatherstripping. Can you help?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify exactly what it is you need. Marvin used many different kinds. I recommend looking through our weatherstripping section and seeing if anything we carry matches your existing samples. You will need to measure your sample as carefully as you can to determine the proper size. It will be a little difficult, since yours is brittle, but that is the only way.
A home owner from Lexington, MA says:
The 55-106 look like the closest match to the Marvin V673 seals. I've measured the Marvin ones and the "flap" part seems slightly longer than 3/8", but definitely much less than 5/8".

One concern is the age and brittleness of the new seals. I have a bunch of the V673 seals that I "stockpiled", but they have become brittle and crack as soon as I install them. Are yours new and flexible? From what I can figure out, I'd need 2 6' strips per window (sash is 45" x 18") for a total of almost $22/window. At 35 windows, that seems really expensive.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. You are correct, this type of weatherstripping can become brittle with age, but normally that occurs most often when it is exposed to the sun. Our 55-106 is new, unused, and ready to install, but when a seal is exposed to sunlight over the years there isn't much you can do to prevent it from growing brittle. Just something to keep in mind.
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.