SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Marvin casement window

A home owner from For this purpose, Duluth, MN says:
Hello. We have two Marvin crank-out casement windows. Both of them have their locking/unlocking mechanisms broken -- I've attached two photos of one of the mechanisms: it is missing the bottom portion of the plastic piece into which the lever Is supposed to fit to push the lock up or down. In fact, the lever will push both locks into the "lock" position ("Up") but cannot then push them inton the unlock position ("Down") because that bottom piece of plastic has broken off and there is nothing against which the lever can push -- if I'm making myself clear. I cannot find any replacement parts anywhere on-line thus far: everything that I see on-line is just essentially the more readily accessible "exterior" parts, not the "interior" parts.

Are you able to (1) help me to identify the hardware piece in the first place so that I know what I'm talking about, (2) tell me how much of the sliding mechanism needs to be replaced -- that is, can just the broken plastic piece be replaced, does the whole metal bar that slides and to which the plastic piece is attached have to be replaced, or does something even more extensive have to be replaced, and, (3) do you have the necessary replacement parts, bearing in mind that I need two? Winter is heading our way, so I'd like to get this fixed before it gets here.

Thanks.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Please see part numbers 38-163 and 38-164, Marvin sash locks. Compare the dimensions to your original locks and let us know if they differ in any way. The plastic portion of the lock is not available separately.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)