Mastic double hung Window Coil Balance

A contractor from Hartford, CT says:
Hi there,

We need some help identifying which coil system is needed for this window.

The coil part are missing from both sides of the window. Please help me identify replacement parts or direct me on what to measure for replacement parts!

Thank you so much,

Tanya
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tanya. We should definitely be able to help. If possible, please show me a few pictures of the pivot shoe that the springs attach to. You will need to remove your sash to do this. Also, make sure to raise your sash up a few inches before tilting it in, or you risk causing damage to the pivot shoe or even the sash itself.
A quick learner from Hartford, CT says:
Please see attached images! Thank you so much!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thanks. Please see our 15-111 pivot shoe, along with our Series 160 coil springs. Look at the window next to the broken one and see how many coil springs it's using. You will also need the numbers printed on the old coil springs to order the right strength option.
A quick learner from Hartford says:

The window beside it has 2 coils! 1 on either side of the lower sash.

I don't know what they mean but I have attached a picture of the numbers from that coil!

Are the suggested 15-150S coil supports 1&7/8" tall by 1&1/2"?? I believe that is the measurement of the current coil supports on the window beside the broken one.

Thank you so much for your time on Finding a resolve for this window!

User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Okay, I think I have this balance set up solved, thanks to this picture. I recommend one coil spring on each side using our 15-150S coil spring housing. The pivot shoe would be our 15-111 and the coil spring would be the 1/2" wide S160-3.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.