Mastic Window parts

A home owner from Warwick, RI says:
I purchased a home with mastic double hung tilt windows that either don't open or will not stay open, I'm guessing I need the whole assembly for both sides replaced to fix the problem. The windows are about 10 years old and I believe you folks are my last resort for repairing the windows, any help is appreciated. Thanks, gadar
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Yes, it sounds like the balances are worn out or broken. We would be happy to help, but we need more information to narrow down what you need. Can you send us pictures of the balances in question? That will help narrow down what you need.

A quick learner from Warwick, RI says:
Please let me know if the picture is helpful , thanks
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom

That definitely narrows it down considerably, yes! You appear to have a tilt window spiral balance. There are now two choices ahead of you, and it will depend on one particular measurement: the diameter of the outer tube that encases your balance. You will likely have to remove yours from the window to measure it accurately. Keep in mind it's the outer tube, not the inside spring.

If the outer tube is 3/8" in diameter, then we recommend the Series 900 spiral balance. If it's 5/8" or 9/16", I suggest our Series 600 instead. For more information, check out the videos below.

A contractor from connecticut says:

I have a customer that needs to fix balancers in Mastic windows so I am searching for the proper parts. Is this the right location?

Thank you,

Dave

A handy person from Drexel Hill, PA says:
Looking for some latches, most of the hardware on my windows say mastic. See photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8319.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8316.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8315.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8320.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. These look like our 26-228 and 26-229 Tilt Latches. Look over the dimensions and let me know if these match up with what you need. 

A quick learner from Carmel New York 10512 says:

I need to replace just the glass on more then a dozen windows. The argon gas is no longer in them. What can I do?

Michael

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0432.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Michael. You will need all new glass if the seals have failed. Unfortunately, we don't provide that kind of service; I recommend contacting a local glass shop near you for assistance.

How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.