SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mating part for 82-265

A home owner from New Market, AL says:
I purchased a new 82-265 lock mechanism this week, but it doesn't engage properly on our existing door frame/strike plate/keeper. Do you sell the door frame/strike plate/keeper that matches the 82-265? If so, what is the model number and do you have it on your website?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Before you get any new hardware, try to adjust the hooks in the 82-265. There is a small slotted head adjustment screw at each end on the lock. By turning them, you will adjust the hooks to stick out further or recede back in, depending on what you need.

If that still doesn't do the trick, then you can consider our 82-249. I believe this should work as a keeper, if you need to replace yours.
A home owner from New Market, AL says:

I tried to adjust the hooks over the weekend and that didn't resolve the problem. The door still comes open about 1/2" when locked. Another problem is the anti-slam button hits an area of the existing keeper that is slightly curved, so it doesn't get pushed in completely. Can you take one of the 82-249 keepers from your stockroom and place it against a new 82-265 latch and see if the slots in the keeper match the openings that the latch hooks come out of? If they match, I'll order a new 82-249 keeper.

Thank you,
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bill. Yes, I did that before and they seemed to line up very well. I just don't know what the size of your original keeper was so I do not know if it will line up with the old installation holes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)