SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Matthew Solow Sliding Door Sweep?

A home owner from USA says:
My sliding glass door leaks a lot of air from between the door and the frame. The gap between the door and the frame varies from about 1/4" to about 3/4" (the rollers are adjusted to different heights to make the door level). I am looking for a solution, preferably a wool pile.

Do you carry an adhesive/stick-on wool pile that might solve my problem? I don't mind if I need to use a few different products that have different thicknesses. The portion of the door to which the wool pile would stick is just over 1/4" thick (i.e., the portion of the door on the interior side of the track, to which I would stick the wool pile).

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Also suggestions other than a wool pile would be welcome.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We do, in fact, carry an adhesive wool pile that measures 1/4" x 1/4". See our 58-026. Could this solve your problem?
A quick learner says:
Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, we have a gap that is 1/4" at minimum, going up to about 3/4". I do not think the suggested product would be sufficient. Do you have anything else?

Thank you for any information.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The only other stick-on weatherseal we carry is the 58-180 door seal, but it is only 3/8" in height. If you want, send us some photos of the area you are trying to seal up on your door. Maybe we can come up with something then.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)