SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Measurement from the hole center to the door edge

A quick learner from Newton, NJ says:
I need a latch set to fit a Sears storm/screen door, Model 656-65123270.
The 40-043 latch set looks correct [unfortunately, I already dumped the broken one], and I would buy it from you if you could tell me that the hole centers in the door are approximately one inch from the closing edge. I hope that you can check that for me, and like the person who asked you before, that both latches might be available in black. Regardless, thank you in advance for whatever help you can provide.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Please take a look at the alternate image for the Swisco 40-043 Sears Storm Door Handle Set:
Alternate image of 40-043 with bottom measurements.
You can see that it does measure 1" from the hole center to the edge of the handle base. You can see that it does measure 7/8" from the hole center to the edge of the handle base. I hope this is the measurement you're requesting. Let me know if you need any additional measurements.
A quick learner from Newton, NJ says:
Everything looks fine, exactly as it looked when I removed it, EXCEPT the bottom "measurement" of 1 3/4 inches. Since the bolt holes are centered, it doesn't make sense for the top half to be 1" and the bottom not total 2", does it? Also, you did not reply to confirm continuing lack of black levers. Thanks for the confirming alternate image.
Profile picture of Mike
Sorry for the confusion. The measurement from hole center to edge is 7/8", not 1". The 1 3/4" is in fact the correct measurement.

This item is not available in black at this time.
A quick learner from circle pines, mn says:
Please confirm the distance from the center to the drilled holes to the edge to the door. The replacement im looking for needs to be 1-5/8".
Profile picture of Mike
I've placed your post in an existing discussion regarding the measurement from the hole center of the door edge on the 40-043 Sears Storm Door Handle Set.

Please look above for the alternate image and measurements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)