SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Measurement of part 15-005

A handy person from north palm beach, fl. says:
1/2" channel balance bottom guide for Series 371, Series 377, and Series 380 non-tilt window sash support systems. This replacement balance shoe features wings to keep balance centered in window track.

My balance is same except for shoe. mine 7/8 x 7/8 with a 1/2 where it fits in the channel. 377 part calls for 15/16 X 1" I think the series 377 is the closest to mine. Will it work???
A handy person from north palm beach, fl. says:
This is an update to my previous question. I know the answer. The opening on the side of the window is only 7/8 inch wide. That's why my balance is narrower than the shoe on yours. Also the front edge of the slide is indented so the balance would have to go in on an angle first and then turned to fit. Unless you folks have an application where the shoe is 7/8 inch, I'm going to have to go elsewhere or buy yours and cut it down to fit. Thanks for your time.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm a little confused by your question. Are you saying you have a 15-005 that is only 7/8" deep, instead of 1"? If so, it's possible your original shoe simply wore down with time and use. Even if that's not the case, you can always grind the shoe down to the appropriate size, as we do not have a similar shoe less than 1" deep.
A quick learner from north palm beach, fl. says:
Tom... Thank you for your reply. I think you are right. Where you have 15/16 on the width of the shoe and I have 7/8 on mine, it is very possible it wore down a 1/16 of an inch over time. And, I might add that when originally installed, it may
have been slightly bent to fit in the window frame which upon re-measuring is exactly 7/8 on an inch.
Thanks again for your time. I'm on the right track now.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)