SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Measurements of the deadbolt

A handy person says:
I need to know the measurement of how far the 40-155 deadbolt sticks out from the door facing in. I have a doorknob on my inside door and want to know if the deadbolt will fit on my storm without hitting the doorknob.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The inside thumb turn sticks out 1 1/4" toward the inside. If this is too close to your inside door try installing it above or below your inside door handle and hardware.
A handy person says:
Do you make a deadbolt that sticks out less than 1 1/4" from the storm door?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry, we do not have one that sticks out less than 1-1/4". I do not believe any one would have it because you need the height for the mechanism of the deadbolt and thumb turn.
A home owner from South Carolina says:
What are the dimensons of the part of the dead bolt on the inside of the door? The storm door that I have is a full glass door with a narrow frame.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The deadbolt of the 40-155 lock set is 1-1/4" wide. I included a picture of the deadbolt with measurements. Let me know if you need anymore measurements.
Profile view of the 40-155 deadbolt.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)