SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Measuring the size of a casement window operator

A home owner from California says:
How do I measure the size of my casement window operator? I need replace two of them. The model number is 30842R for a Truth Hardware Entryguard operator. Thanks

Steve
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Steve. You'll need to remove your operator from the window to properly measure it. Once you have, see how well your measurements match up to our 39-031 and 39-032. The video below may also help you.
A home owner from California says:
Thanks for your help. You have a great website and have figured out how to utilize technology for online sales. Congrats.

Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Thank you for the praise. I'm happy we were able to help. If you need anything else, let me know.
A quick learner from Los Alamitos, CA says:
Tom,

Lot's of projects going on so I finally am back to the window. I checked the measurements on the 39-032 compared to my Truth 30842R. The left arm measurement of 4 and 7/16 is good. However, the right arm for my 30842 R measures 9 and 3/4 versus 10 and 3/4 on the 39-032. Is this a problem?

I measured the channel on the window the the arm moves in and there is still about 1 and 3/8 clearance from the end of the channel to the 9 and 3/4 arm. (see attached picture) I think this means I can use the 39-032 operator. Correct?

Please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Steve
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Steve. I don't think that inch difference will really be all that much. I agree with Tom, the 39-031 and 39-032 appear to be our best matches.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)