Measuring the size of a casement window operator

A home owner from California says:
How do I measure the size of my casement window operator? I need replace two of them. The model number is 30842R for a Truth Hardware Entryguard operator. Thanks

Steve
User submitted photos of a window operator.
EntryGard TRUTH 20810
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Steve. You'll need to remove your operator from the window to properly measure it. Once you have, see how well your measurements match up to our 39-031 and 39-032. The video below may also help you.
A home owner from California says:
Thanks for your help. You have a great website and have figured out how to utilize technology for online sales. Congrats.

Steve
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Thank you for the praise. I'm happy we were able to help. If you need anything else, let me know.
A quick learner from Los Alamitos, CA says:
Tom,

Lot's of projects going on so I finally am back to the window. I checked the measurements on the 39-032 compared to my Truth 30842R. The left arm measurement of 4 and 7/16 is good. However, the right arm for my 30842 R measures 9 and 3/4 versus 10 and 3/4 on the 39-032. Is this a problem?

I measured the channel on the window the the arm moves in and there is still about 1 and 3/8 clearance from the end of the channel to the 9 and 3/4 arm. (see attached picture) I think this means I can use the 39-032 operator. Correct?

Please let me know. Thanks for your help.
Steve
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Steve. I think I can help here. I don't think that inch difference will really be all that much. I agree with Tom, the 39-031 and 39-032 appear to be our best matches. Let us know if you need anything else.

A quick learner from Grafton, VT says:
Hi, Your video doesn't explain how to measure the casement assembly for a good replacement match. Do you just measure the arm that attaches to the track on the window? I can't find a single indication as to what company made these windows...so I need to remove and try to match.
Thank you very much!
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, you will need to measure the operator itself. We have detailed dimensions for all our casement operator hardware that you can use as a reference. If your operator is similar to the one pictured in the first image, start by comparing it to our 39-032. See the dimensions below. If this doesn't match, show me a picture of your operator out of the window and we can do our best to find something close.

Dimensions for 39-032
Dimensions for 39-032

A quick learner from Dunwoody, GA says:
Hi I am trying to locate replacement window cranks. I believe I can replace them myself since the crank is the only issue.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9387F7C5-5D7D-460E-8355-9C781520EB88.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EC445DAF-5B1B-4E29-9CF2-5AB662355191.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6DA17B5A-C1D9-4120-98BB-BE25A589916C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A7B265AF-A448-4E10-8054-579DCD5BF78C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 11336DBD-413D-4B6F-913C-B9AFEDA2E169.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have the same 39-031 and 39-032 EntryGard operators discussed in this thread, which both use the 39-205 folding handle. Thanks for posting! 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.