SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Metal Industries Coil Balance Replacement

A home owner from Mount Laurel, NJ says:
This is from a Metal Industries window installed 16 years ago.
Based on using the calculator I believe it should be an 11 pound coil balance. Also have similar from a slightly smaller window which I believe is 9 pounds. No numbers or markings. Any help appreciated.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Based on your pictures, I would recommend our 15-180 pivot shoe and Series 190 coil springs. Just match up the stamp on your spring to those shown on the Series 190 store page.
Don't see any numbers stamped on what I have. Where would they be if there?
Profile picture of Paul
I can actually sort of see a number in your pictures, but it is hard for me to make out. It is on the spring near the screw that attaches it to the pivot shoe.
Paul,

Now I see it!! It's an 8. That is all there is. I guess I need to know which part that correlates to.

I work in Collingswood, can I come to you to get the parts I need or is it only by mail order?

Thanks,

Bob

Profile picture of Paul
Oh, perfect. In that case I recommend our S190-840.

I'm afraid we don't have a local store, but you can place your order directly on our site.
Sounds good. I have one other broken coil to remove from a different window that is probably a different weight. Once that is done I can order.

Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)