SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Metal cam for 15-177?

A quick learner from USA says:
I ordered 15-124 and the Metal Cam is not quite right....

I've attached pictures for what I have compared to what I purchased from your company. Do you sell the metal cam that I need? Also, if you note; the plastic case that the spring tension is housed in has been shattered. Do you sell the correct replacement for this?
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the 15-124 is for a very specific shoe that does not appear to match yours. I'm afraid metal cams are not generally available separately; in many cases, if yours has broken, the whole shoe needs to be replaced. See our 15-177 for a possible match. Just make sure the dimensions are the same.

For the spring housing, see our 15-144. This may work for you.
A quick learner from Springfield, VA says:
We've encountered the same problem with the metal cams for the 15-177 shoe. We'd rather not pay for replacement shoes when all we need is the cams. Are you saying it's not possible to order just the cams for this particular part?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's correct. The cams for this shoe are not available separately. I am sorry that we cannot offer a better solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)