SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Metal door magnetic weather seal

A home owner from USA says:
I have a metal entrance door and need a replacement seal for it. I have tried to find a manufacturer name, model etc. but cannot locate it. I have also tried several stores with no luck. I have attached some pictures hoping you can help me find the replacement weather seal.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm not familiar with this type of weatherstripping. You could take a look at our 58-008 and 58-056 and see if either of these could fit your door frame. Let me know what you think!
A home owner says:
Unfortunately the 58-008 and 58-056 if used, The magnet or seal would be facing down because Kerf slot is on the inside of the door frame and not connect (seal to the door) The one that I removed which is U-shaped inserts into the door frame kerf grove and the magnet faces the door. I wish I knew the door manufacturer but even if I did they may be out of business or parts are no longer available. I am just guessing but I think the door was installed in 1985 when the house was built.
A home owner says:
I have attached a drawing I did that my help.
User submitted a diagram of a door seal.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see what you mean. Those diagrams help clear things up. Take a look at two others that we carry: our 58-169 is nailed on, which would allow you to adjust it to the height necessary, and our 58-180 has an adhesive backing. Could these work on your door?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)