SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Metal file cabinet roller

A quick learner from Boise, ID says:
Good morning,
Your company was referred to me by Rockler Woodworking and Hardware as someone who might be able to help me.

I have a pair of Sauder Select Collection Mobile Metal File Cabinets. The bottom file drawer is supported on and slides out on white plastic 7/8
User submitted photos of a drawer roller.
User submitted a diagram of a drawer roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience. I haven't been able to find this exact roller, but could you be able to replace it with something like our 10-109? I would also recommend our 33-087 screw.
A quick learner from Boise, Idaho says:
Paul,
Thank you for your response and recommendation. I'm willing to give it a try. I assume that I can order the pieces and parts from you folks. I wonder if I should get a slightly longer screw in cass I have to use some washers to shim the roller into a better positions. Your thoughts?
Again, thanks so much for the follow-up.
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
Yep, you can order those parts directly from our site. As for the screw length, you might have to build out and use a longer screw, but I feel the 10-109 wheel and 33-087 might be all you need. Also maybe use "Lock Tite" on the threads when you finally find the best set up.
A quick learner from Boise, Idaho says:
Paul,
Great. I will take it from hear and place an order for the parts. I sincerely appreciate the way you folks respond and provide your thoughts on even the smallest of projects. I can use all the help I can get. Have a great week.
Tom
Profile picture of Paul
We are always happy to help however we can. Thank you for your business and please let us know if it works out!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)