SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Miami Window Corp crank made in 1960s

A handy person from Conover, NC says:
Attached is a photo of the Miami Window Corp crank operator I am seeking to replace. Please notify me of price and availability.

Thanks,

Derick S. H.
User submitted photo of their Miami Window Corp crank operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you have the original Miami operator. "They don't make them like that anymore". The closest operator that we have is the newer style. Take a look at the 39-054 crank operator. The 39-054's installation holes are fairly close to your sample.
A handy person from Queens, NY, zip 11365 says:
Looks like I have the orignal Miami operator also. I think I could probably use it, even witn the 1/4" offset of the loose flat pc with the 5/16" threaded hole.
However you do not give the complete dimensions of all 3 holes on the base. The 2 bottom holes are 1.5 " apart from the vertical, as in the above sketch, but you do not indicate their vertical offset. IIn mine, the right bottom hole is .5" above the left.
Also the shoulder screw 33-067 diagram does not indicate the width of the smooth part of the screw. It seems to be 1/2 the screw length or 7/32". The bar thickness in my case seems to be 8/32". I suppose I could grind down the bar 1/32", if nothing else is available.
Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)