SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Miami windows replacement cranks

A quick learner from Durham, NC says:
I have Miami aluminum awning windows in my house and need repacement cranks. The cranks have the handle on the left as you face them. Some of the cranks (smaller 2-awning windows) have an "M" on the side of the crank body. Others (larger 3 and 4-awning windows) have a plate held on by 2 screws on the front of the crank body that has the inscription "MIami Window Miami, FLA". I have ordered repacement cranks from another online store, but when I install them on the larger 4-awning windows, although they fit the holes well, they seem to strip out and don't have the strength to open or close the windows. Can you help me find a suitable replacement? I can send pictures or dimensions if that would help.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
I would start by looking at SWISCO product codes 39-053 and 39-054, awning operators. Compare to your old operators, these too may strip if the window does not swing up and down freely. Make sure the window opens and closes smoothly prior to installation, you could also use a little white lithium grease spray at hinge points.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)