SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Mid-point thumblatch

A quick learner from Oregon says:
We're return the other handle set we got from Swisco. The lock control didn't fit.

I could use some help with finding the right one. The one we just returned(82-074) was right in terms of the mounting hole spacing.

The problem was the location of the hole for the lock/latch. I need a handle with the latch located 2" below the top screw and 2" above the bottom screw.

I have taken the attached pictures. If there's a handle/lock set that fits, please point me toward it.

Many thanks.
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I can see why the 82-047 didn't work. The thumb lever is fixed and cannot be adjusted. See our 82-069 handle set, instead. It comes with a thumb lever that can be adjusted to any position. I would also recommend our 82-310 key lock, which can be installed in the exterior handle that comes with the 82-069 set.
A quick learner from Oregon says:
Hi:
I followed your advice. Do I need to drill a hole in the exterior handle that comes with 82-069 to accommodate the lock? Also, how does the lever mesh with the tab that extends inside from the lock?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't see any reason why you would need to drill new holes. The holes should line up with what you have now. The thumb lever that comes with the 82-069 should also just fit inside the corresponding slot in the mortise lock.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)