Milestone single hung series 1000

A handy person from Vero Beach says:
Hope you can help. The first picture is the white snap in window glazing and is 49 5/8 in long. Can you supply me the part number so that I can order.
Now on to the channel balances.The shorter one stamped 22D USB is 23 in long. I believe this would,match up well with your 380 series. The sash weighs 15 lbs
The second one is 29 in long and has the stamp 28F USB ( The ends on both are the same and can seen in the pictures.)My concern is that the second sash weighs 42 lbs. I want to be sure to get the right one as both the 380 and 385 don't support that much weight. Can you supply me the correct part numbers so I can place an order
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Concerning the glazing, I'm afraid I can't identify it based on your picture. I will need you to remove an undamaged sample and show us a clear shot of its end profile. I will also need the end profile's measurements.

Now let's look at these balances. The first one looks like a standard order, our S380-23, like you picked out. Nothing out of the ordinary there. The other one will have to be custom made, however. I think our special 2875 option would be best; this can carry 42 through 45 pounds. Does that sound good to you? Since yours is right at the threshold, you may want to confirm the exact weight of the sash just to be sure this isn't too strong. Can you also confirm that this is also the Series 380 balance, and not the Series 385 instead? Finally, how many did you need?
A quick learner from Vero Beach Fl says:
Here is a pic of the plastic glazing. It is 5/16 wide at the bottom. I am confused as to the 380 or 385 series. How do I know which one I have. Thanks Warren
glazing bead
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Warren. The difference between the Series 380 and Series 385 is the size of the shoe. You will need to measure yours, then refer to our dimensions, to confirm the best match.

As for the glazing, see our 55-191 or 55-194, one of these may be a match but it would also depend on your measurements.
A quick learner from Vero Beach says:
First, thank you all for help, I never could have gotten this far without all of you. I now know that my 42 pound sash needs a 380 series. I understand that this would need to be custom made.Could you furnish me with the cost per, and corisponding part #? Thanks again Warren
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing, I'll email you a price quote and order link for 2 of these balances.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.