SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Milgard Channel Balancer

A quick learner from Los Angeles Area says:
Hello. I need to replace the channel balancers on a Milgard window and I am trying to figure out the part number.

The old channel has 23 5 AS Caldwell printed on the side. It is 24 inches long (just the metal channel) and .5 inch channel width The sticker on the window has H-C40-54x90. It is a non tilt window. My estimate is that the window sash weight is about 19 lbs. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, I cannot identify what balance you have based on this information alone. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Los Angeles Area says:
Thank you. I have walked through the channel balance section and still come up with multiple choices between the Series 380 and 385. What additional information can I supply you which will allow you to help me with a definitive part number? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There's not too much I can do on my end. You are going to have to accurately measure your bottom shoe and see whether it matches the bottom shoe for the Series 380 or Series 385. That shoe is the key difference!

For reference, the Series 385 uses our 15-004 while the Series 380 uses our 15-005. The measurement you want is the depth; for the 15-005, it's 1". For the 15-004, it's 1-3/32".
15-004 and 15-005
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)